SINGLE-AXIS TRACKERS: MONOLINE & AXONE 4.0For today’s utility-scale solar PV park, single-axis trackers are an obvious choice, optimizing daily solar power generation and enhancing the investment’s return on investment. PVH’s trackers are simple, easy-to-build, and cost effective to operate. Depending on the characteristics of each project, PVH has a solution to meet our clients’ needs.
SINGLE AXIS TRACKERS
With its motor-per-row architecture, the Monoline is especially suited for hilly terrain and irregular shaped plots, as well as those with obstacles present. Also with only even foundations per tracker, provides the EPC with a quicker and less expensive installation.
Bolted structural connections provide generous construction tolerances while also eliminating field welding.
Direct module attachment to rigid steel panel rails eliminate vibratory/thermal expansion and over-torquing risks associated with aluminum sandwich clamps.
MONOLINE's value-added benefits
- Optimized structural and electro-mechanical design
- Adapted to exceed local building codes
- High constructability and rapid installation
- Robust structure with 25-year design life
- Astronomical tracking algorithm with backtracking and storm alarm system
- Easy to operate
- Very low maintenance
- Quality, off-the-shelf components
- Integrates with most SCADAs for remote control
- Optimizes solar electricity generation without compromising O&M
Key design criteria
- Motor-per-row Architecture
- Low Profile
- Smart Component Criteria
- Conservative Engineering
- Steadier Uptime
- Industrial Controller
- No Maintenance Bearings
- Practical Panel Attachment
The Structural Solution
The Axone Single-Axis Tracker was designed to be durable, low-maintenance, and easy to build in the field. The optimized single module in portrait row configuration keeps material costs low as forces are minimized compared to other trackers with larger surface area wings. Engineering on the generous 21kg/ module (less foundations) hot dip galvanized steel sub-structure is based on the code prescribed velocities of ASCE 7-10 and does not factor ultra-light wind tunnel pressures. This approach to design enables the baseline product to meet IBC 90mph (3-second gust) at full 45 degree tilt without relying on the built-in stow feature. Perimeter wind shield torque tubes also enable higher energy production and steadier uptime at typical sites that regularly experience up to 150 mph wind loads.
Bolted splice connections provide generous construction tolerances while also eliminating the need for field welding. With a linear, pendulum style driveline and just 2 to 3 centrally located motors per MWp to lubricate, annual motor operation and maintenance costs are virtually eliminated. Pre-assembled articulating gimbal post head assemblies with self-lubricating, UV protected UHMWPE bearings allow for grade and foundation plumb tolerance, as well as long term serviceability. Direct module attachment to rigid steel panel rails eliminate vibratory/thermal expansion and over-torqueing risks associated with aluminum sandwich clamps.
The Axone 4.0 is a Horizontal Single-Axis Tracker that tracks the sun from east to west throughout the day, increasing solar generation compared to fixed-tilt racking solutions.
As a paragon of simplicity, the Axone 4.0 tracker has been designed to be easily installed, requiring very little maintenance during the operation and maintenance phase.
The Axone 4.0 is based on a centralized motor with pushbar architecture, allowing for trackers of up to 36 rows, with 32 rows considered to be optimal.
Designed to be a solution for the global marketplace, various engineering approaches are undertaken in order to comply with the local codes of each project.
- In the USA and other related countries, PVH has applied a conservative engineering approach, based on ASCE 7-05/10, including the use of wind tunnel data to improve the tracker.
- In European and related countries, PVH uses the Eurocode standard to certify the tracker, and has used a wind tunnel analysis also to verify the theoretical results. CFD is also used to analyse structure behavior under loads.
- In South Africa, the standards adhere to SANS 10160 and AS 4100.
- For Australia, the structural standards are AS/NZS 1170 and AS 4100, respectively.
This approach has enabled the Axone 4.0 to be certified in several countries which represents a distinct competitive advantage.
This Axone 4.0 uses an astronomical algorithm, which has been implemented into the Siemens solar tracking control library available for the controller’s program logic controller (PLC). A backtracking algorithm is implemented in the control system of the Axone 4.0 in order to avoid self-shading of the trackers during the first and last hours of the day.
PV Performance Control®: Utility-Scale SCADA
Based on its real-world experience, PVH has designed and developed its innovative Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems engineered by highly experienced solar industry professionals.
Monitoring of photovoltaic (PV) Power Plants’ performance is essential for keeping the efficiency of energetic production as high as possible during the lifetime of the plant.
PV Performance Control® is the SCADA Solution developed by PVHardware for monitoring and control of PV Power Plants.
PV Performance Control® is designed for:
- Reliability: highest availability, redundancy.
- Operability (intuitive user interface, error detection)
- Interoperability with other system
- Expandability (future upgrades)
- Easy Maintenance (firmware updates)
- Security (access control, user management)
PVH ENERGY STORAGE
A New Company Division Focused On Energy Storage
Proprietary flow battery technology, evolved and competitive chemistry, strong track récord power electronics and advanced control system.
ENERSELF: 200 kW – 1000 kWh / 5 hours containerized solutions.
FLEXTEM: Large scale Energy Storage system built by 2 MW containerized blocks or 10 MW building integrated blocks from 5 to 100s MW of size.
U-GRID: Advanced power electronics used to allow an easy integration for PV and diesel backup.
PVH uses large resources in the development of technologies as well as viably to integrate third party technologies.
FLOW BATTERY: long-duration electrochemical storage and are particularly suited for applications that require the most demanding of operational conditions.
R&D: important and ongoing activity of research and development, such as new chemicals, materials, designs or manufacturing systems.
OPEN INNOVATION: open to be able to test new materials, concepts, chemical or configurations.
All services for applications over 100 Kw.
Using proven vanadium redox chemistry, advanced power electronics and sophisticated control systems, PVH vanadium battery can provide all electrical services.
Our tailor-made advanced power electronics solution can work as:
- Tie-grid solution: Power scheduling, power-frequency regulation, peak shaving and ramp control.
- Off-grid solution: Integrated hybrid battery-PV solution-diesel, micro-grid controller and grid-maker.
1. Off-Grid with renewables integration
2. Smart-Grid, renewable generation
3. Stabilize wind & PV in grids
4. Peak Shaving
6. Reliability & continuity supply for weak networks